1. Characterization of Nanofluids like Ag/Au & Ferrofluids etc.
2. To evaluate modest nano particles concentration in the fluid for significant enhancement of its property.
3. Prediction of enhanced thermal conductivity due to suspension of the metallic nano particles with very low concentration in to the polymeric fluids.
4. Sound Velocity and comprehensibility of nano particles with liquid suspension.
5. Study of Phase transition and to detect/assess weak and strong molecular interactions in Nanofluids.
6. To determine the extent of complexation and calculate the stability constants of such nanofluid complexes.
Nanofluid Interferometer generate sound wave in Nanofluids of different concentrations at different temperatures. This instrument is low cost & effective tool to optimise the concentration of nanoparticle for best results to achieve the desired property.
In this instrument, Ultrasound waves of known frequency are produced by a Piezo-Electric transducer and its wavelength is measured with digital micrometer with high accuracy within ±0.001mm.
From the knowledge of frequency (f) and wave length(λ); the comprehensibility of nanofluid is determined by the following formula :
- Sound Velocity in nanofluid
- Adiabatic comprehensibility
- Whereρ is density of nanofluid.
The Nanofluid Interferometer consists of the following parts:
i. Wave Generator
ii. Nanofluid Cells
iii. Temperature Controller Unit. (RT to 90°C)
iv. Nanofluids – Chemicals to make Ag nanofluid in various concentrations.